The STANDARD model
- The classic form of mandatory basic insurance protects you against the cost of outpatient treatment and of treatment in the general ward of a contract hospital in your canton of residence.
- You have free choice of doctor anywhere in Switzerland and can consult your doctor directly.
The classic form of mandatory basic insurance protects you against the cost of outpatient treatment and of treatment in the general ward of a contract hospital in your canton of residence.
The STANDARD basic insurance plan with a franchise of CHF 300 can also be terminated with effect from 30 June, as can the STANDARD basic insurance plan without an annual franchise, subject to receipt of notice by 31 March.
You can adjust your franchise every year with effect from 1 January.
If you change your place of residence, a change in the basic insurance plan is possible during the year with effect from the first day of the next month. This applies equally if you change to a FAVORIT plan of SWICA or change from one FAVORIT plan to another.
Please submit your notice of termination by the specified date, together with confirmation of acceptance by your new health insurer. Please note that it is not the stamp date that determines whether your termination is accepted. Notice of termination is only valid if received by SWICA on the last working day before the deadline.
Termination is possible on the condition that no premiums, cost sharing, interest on arrears or debt collection fees for the basic insurance are outstanding.
You can benefit from attractive premium discounts by choosing an alternative basic insurance model. By increasing the excess you can cut your premiums even further. SWICA also offers family discounts for children and young people.
SWICA and PROVITA are the only health insurers which apply co-payments from their basic insurance to SWICA supplementary plans, which means the maximum annual cost to policyholders is substantially lower than it would be with other health insurers.
SWICA offers other basic insurance models with attractive premium discounts. In addition to the STANDARD model, you can choose between five alternative FAVORIT variants. The benefits are the same for all models. The only differences are the choice of contact point and the reduced cost.
- santé24 telemedicine service around the clock
- Personal support through care management in the event of accident or illness
- Second opinion from santé24 doctors
- BENECURA app – medical SymptomCheck app
- BENEVITA app – digital health coach with bonus programme
- Medical assistance with the innovative TytoHome telemedicine device from santé24
- Comprehensive SWICA therapist directory with online appointments
- Expert advice from santé24: advise on exercise and nutrition, headache clinics
- Medication services (general medication search as well as discounts at selected mail-order pharmacies)
- SWICA customer service 24/7
- Easy-to-use mySWICA customer portal: overview of benefit and premium statements, easy invoice submission, up-to-date information about residual excess
- Over 100 benefits and discount offers with active4life partners relating to health, nutrition, sport and wellness
- Combination advantage (when taking out basic and supplementary insurance)
- Rates based on age at enrolment: no age-based rate increases for hospitalisation insurance
Premium calculator and online purchase for basic insurance
It’s never been easier to change your insurer. The premium calculator enters into dialogue with you and reacts to your requirements, quickly producing a personal offer for first-class insurance cover. The premium calculator automatically suggests the most suitable insurance package and recommends the most favourable basic insurance model. You can afterwards adapt your choice as you wish. Also, it's now easy to buy basic insurance online, which means that you can avoid a lot of red tape. Give it a try now.
What our customers have to say.
Thanks a lot for all you've done.»