Overview of scope and benefits
Medical insurance for guests is intended for:
- friends and relations who are officially resident outside Switzerland and are coming to visit you.
- visitors who are staying temporarily in Switzerland on a Schengen visa. Medical insurance for guests provides the cover required for temporary visitors to be eligible for a Schengen visa.
With medical insurance for guests you receive the following benefits in the event of illness or accident – up to the sum insured:
- the cost of medication, doctors' visits and inpatient hospital care in a general ward
- medically assisted emergency transport to place of residence abroad
- repatriation to last place of residence in the event of death.
The insurance is valid for the period set out in the policy, up to a maximum of 6 months per stay. There is also an option to take out supplementary SOS cover for visitors. This covers travel expenses if a visit has to be cut short due to illness or accident. If your foreign visitors only require accident insurance, we recommend accident-related medical expenses insurance.
Calculate your offer and buy online now