How the FAVORIT MEDICA model works
- You can freely choose your doctor at any time from the comprehensive MEDICA directories or you can contact the santé24 telemedicine service by calling +41 44 404 86 86.
- Your doctor can refer you to any other doctor in the MEDICA directories.
- The MEDICA directories also offer you a wide choice of hospitals.
- If you need medicines and low-cost generic ones are available, you will need to consider those. You can get more information at www.swica.ch/generics, from SWICA Client Services (24/7), or by calling santé24 on +41 44 404 86 86.
SWICA customers receive exclusive discounts on medication from some mail-order pharmacies
Find out more >
- Will you be needing medicine for an extended period? If so, you can ask a mail-order pharmacy to send you the prescribed items to your home discreetly, securely and conveniently.
What to do in emergencies?
Contact your local medical emergency service or call the santé24 telemedicine service on +41 44 404 86 86.
Are there any situations when you don’t need to consider the MEDICA directories?
- In emergencies
- When getting treatment during a temporary stay abroad
- santé24 telemedicine service around the clock
- Personal support through care management in the event of accident or illness
- Second opinion from santé24 doctors
- BENECURA app – medical SymptomCheck app
- BENEVITA app – digital health coach with bonus programme
- Medical assistance with the innovative TytoHome telemedicine device from santé24
- Comprehensive SWICA therapist directory with online appointments
- Expert advice from santé24: advise on exercise and nutrition, headache clinics
- Medication services (general medication search as well as discounts at selected mail-order pharmacies)
- SWICA customer service 24/7
- Easy-to-use mySWICA customer portal: overview of benefit and premium statements, easy invoice submission, up-to-date information about residual excess
- Over 100 benefits and discount offers with active4life partners relating to health, nutrition, sport and wellness
- Combination advantage (when taking out basic and supplementary insurance)
- Rates based on age at enrolment: no age-based rate increases for hospitalisation insurance
Premium calculator and online purchase for basic insurance
It’s never been easier to change your insurer. The premium calculator enters into dialogue with you and reacts to your requirements, quickly producing a personal offer for first-class insurance cover. The premium calculator automatically suggests the most suitable insurance package and recommends the most favourable basic insurance model. You can afterwards adapt your choice as you wish. Also, it's now easy to buy basic insurance online, which means that you can avoid a lot of red tape. Give it a try now.
What our customers have to say.
Thanks a lot for all you've done.»