Benefits included in basic insurance
The various basic insurance models all offer the same benefits. The only difference between the models is the choice of first point of contact for medical questions. The benefits provided under basic insurance include:
- Conventional medical treatment and complementary medicine
- Hospital stays in the general ward
- Emergency transport and search and rescue operations
- Treatment abroad in emergencies
How the BESTCARE model works
Under the FAVORIT BESTCARE model, you contact the santé24 telemedicine service (available around the clock) on +41 44 404 86 86 or a SWICA partner practice first. Or you can use SymptomCheck in the BENECURA app, where you will receive a recommendation based on your answers to some questions.
- Rapid medical opinion via the santé24 telemedicine service, a SWICA partner practice or the SymptomCheck tool in the BENECURA app.
- If your health problem can’t be fully resolved in this way, santé24 or your doctor at the BESTCARE partner practice will refer you to a specialist.
- Customers insured under BESTCARE are provided with a TytoHome device free of charge, which can be used by santé24 during consultations.
- The Compassana app is used to manage the exchange of data between BESTCARE service providers to ensure integrated care.
- Your deductible is reduced by 50% (adults: 350 francs, children: 175 francs)
To SWICA's directory of doctors
Frequently asked questions about the pharmacy model
- In emergencies
- Appointments with ophthalmologists, gynaecologists and paediatricians
- Examinations and treatment by an ophthalmologist or gynaecologist or appointments with a paediatrician
- Before follow-up treatment after consultations already agreed with BESTCARE partner practices or sante24
- For treatment during a temporary stay abroad
Go to the premiums for 2024
Discover all the ways to optimise your premium
You can also benefit from lower co-payments if you have also taken out any supplementary insurance with SWICA. SWICA is the only health insurance company that applies co-payments from SWICA basic insurance to SWICA supplementary insurance. This means your maximum annual co-payment is significantly lower than it would be with other health insurers.
More about the combination advantage
Exclusive services and advantages free to all SWICA customers
- Free, 24-hour telemedicine service from santé24 doctors and medical staff
- SWICA customer service available 24/7 in Switzerland and abroad
- Expert advice on medication, exercise, nutrition, medicinal plants and vaccinations
- active4life programme with 100 benefits and discount offers at selected partners
Discover all of the SWICA advantages
Outstanding customer satisfaction
What our customers have to say
Thanks a lot for all you've done.»