If your attention span is waning, it’s worth taking a short break to recharge so you can tackle the rest of your day with renewed concentration. This three-minute exercise will help you breathe away the stress.
- Set the timer for five minutes.
- Sit up straight on the edge of your chair with your legs at a right angle.
- Place your hands on your belly.
- Close your eyes.
- Concentrate on your breath. Breathe in and out regularly. Notice how your belly rises on the inhale and falls on the exhale.
- Try to breathe slowly and evenly: in to a count of ten, out to a count of ten.
- Notice how the tension slowly falls away, leaving you calm and relaxed.
- Stay in this position until the timer rings.
- When it rings, open your eyes.
- Have a gentle stretch. You’ll feel much calmer and have renewed concentration for the rest of your day.