Frequently asked questions about basic insurance
Frequently asked questions about supplementary insurance
- Federally recognized psychotherapist
- No authorisation to invoice under basic insurance pursuant to Art. 36 of the KVG
- SASIS paying agent number for psychotherapy VVG
Important: SWICA approval is personal and non-transferable. The services cannot be delegated. All services billed for under a therapist's own accreditation must be provided personally by the registered or approved individual.
- The prerequisite for SWICA approval within the framework of psychotherapy VVG is possession of a PAR number for psychotherapy VVG.
- You can apply for the PAR number for supplementary insurance directly with SASIS. Details can be found in the «Psychological Psychotherapists» leaflet (in German).
- After approval is submitted by means of a PAR number for psychotherapy VVG, no further steps are necessary. SWICA regularly receives current data from SASIS. Any name or address changes should be reported directly to the registration offices.
- SWICA does not issue PAR numbers.
A contribution to the costs of psychotherapy will be made under supplementary insurance provided that the following conditions are met:
- Doctor's prescription
- Benefit provided by SWICA-approved psychotherapist
- Treatment meets the criteria of efficacy, appropriateness and cost-effectiveness.
Invoices for psychotherapy services must be generated using the software program or the SWICA invoicing form. The invoice must also include the following details:
- SWICA tariff: 20S
- SWICA tariff item: 20010
- Item description: Psychotherapy VVG - individual treatment
Psychotherapy invoice template (VVG)
- COMPLETA TOP: 90% of the costs up to a maximum of 50 francs per session for a maximum of 60 sessions per calendar year
- OPTIMA: an additional 25 francs per session for a maximum of 60 sessions per calendar year