We make the miracle of life the priority again
With an optimum all-round package
SWICA has made it its mission to make your health a priority again. This includes outstanding care during pregnancy, with pregnancy exercises, antenatal classes and acupuncture, as well as antenatal baby massages, baby swimming sessions, postnatal exercises, pelvic floor exercises and breast feeding advice. If you have any questions, the doctors and medical professionals at our santé24 telemedicine service are there for you 24/7, 365 days a year
Your health. Our priority.
Go to the hospitalisation insurance plans
Find out more
Go to the hospitalisation insurance plans
Find out more
SWICA offers family discounts for children and young adults.
- Children: A premium discount of 76% is available for the first two children and 90% for all further children, based on the adult premium for basic insurance.
- Young adults: aged 19-25 receive a 12% premium discount.
Calculate premiums quickly and easily online
Whether it involves basic or supplementary insurance, you can put together your individual package and calculate your personal discount of up to 15% (learn more) in the BENEVITA bonus programme on selected supplementary insurance plans.
santé24 – telemedicine advice 24/7
Maternity benefits at a glance
SWICA contributes towards the cost of baby massage, homeopathy and Bach flower therapy. SWICA also contributes towards the cost of non-standard vaccinations. In addition, you receive a breastfeeding voucher to the value of 200 francs.
Maternity involves numerous examinations both before and after the birth. To ensure that mother and child receive comprehensive care and are financially secure, there are no co-payments for maternity benefits.
- Antenatal courses (CHF 150 towards group courses delivered by a midwife)
- 7 antenatal checkups
- 2 ultrasound examinations
- 1 postnatal checkup
- 3 sessions in which midwives or other specially trained staff provide breastfeeding advice
- For high-risk pregnancies, the interval between examinations is based on clinical need.
The COMPLETA TOP and COMPLETA offer more extensive, comprehensive benefits in the context of antenatal preparation, support and aftercare:
- CHF 200 breastfeeding allowance per child
- In-depth breastfeeding advice if desired or required (e.g. in the event of breastfeeding problems)
- Complementary treatment to help with pregnancy, such as acupuncture for morning sickness or pain, pregnancy massages for back pain. If administered by recognised doctors and therapists without a rate agreement, SWICA pays up to CHF 80 per hour (learn more).
- Learning postnatal exercises as well as the hypnobirthing method to ease the pain during childbirth, etc. In the case of recognised health promotion services relating to paternity, SWICA covers up to CHF 900* per year, depending on your supplementary insurance plan.
- Prescribed medicines within the indication
- Special and medically prescribed vaccinations for the child: 90% of the costs, up to CHF 200 per year (learn more)
*SWICA covers 90% of the costs under your COMPLETA FORTE supplementary plan, up to 300 francs per calendar year. COMPLETA PRAEVENTA covers an additional 50% of the costs up to 300 francs per year. OPTIMA supplementary insurance covers 90% of the cost exceeding this amount, up to a maximum of 300 francs per calendar year. This can result in prevention contributions of up to 900 francs per year.
Mums before and after pregnancy – and soon-to-be fathers – can benefit from the wide range of courses in which applications for the baby can be learnt.
Courses for mothers
- Pregnancy exercises*
- Antenatal preparation*
- Post-natal exercises*
Courses for mothers and fathers
- Baby massage
- Homeopathy and Bach flowers for self-application
- Wraps and compresses
SWICA contributes 50% of the costs up to 500 francs per year (up to 300 francs per type of activity) from the COMPLETA PRAEVENTA supplementary insurance plan and 90% of the costs exceeding this amount up to 300 francs per year from OPTIMA towards health-related services provided by SWICA-recognised providers.
Overview of health promotion and preventive healthcare offering
* with SWICA-recognised course leaders
SWICA supports your baby's development right from the start.
- Special / prescribed vaccinations
- Baby swimming
HOSPITA PLUS enables your child to switch to semi-private or private hospitalisation insurance at any time up to the age of 40 without the need for a medical examination.
santé24 – your Swiss telemedicine service
Medical help around the clock: The doctors and medical specialists at santé24 are there to offer you expert advice on all questions relating to prevention, illness, accident and maternity – in four languages, around the clock, 365 days a year.
Perhaps your child is ill or recovering from an accident and you have no one to look after it for you? The Home Nanny service would be delighted to step in and help. It offers professional care for children and takes the pressure off parents because they know their child is in good hands.
Do you still have questions or are unsure what is the right insurance for you? SWICA’s advisors will be glad to help you find just the right type of cover. Feel free to stop by or to call or write to us – we look forward to hearing from you.
By the way, changing your health insurer is easier than you may think. SWICA's customer service staff will be glad to help you make the change as smooth as possible.
Call toll-free at 0800 80 90 81
What our customers have to say.
We make your health the top priority again
Discover all advantages, services and offers for your health