Preventive healthcare in maternity
Find out more about benefits
Go to the hospitalisation insurance plans
Maternity benefits at a glance
SWICA contributes towards the cost of baby massage, homeopathy and Bach flower therapy. SWICA also contributes towards the cost of non-standard vaccinations. In addition, you receive a breastfeeding voucher to the value of 200 francs.
Maternity involves numerous examinations both before and after the birth. To ensure that mother and child receive comprehensive care and are financially secure, there are no co-payments for maternity benefits.
- Antenatal courses (CHF 150 towards group courses delivered by a midwife)
- 7 antenatal checkups
- 2 ultrasound examinations
- 1 postnatal checkup
- 3 sessions in which midwives or other specially trained staff provide breastfeeding advice
- For high-risk pregnancies, the interval between examinations is based on clinical need.
The COMPLETA TOP and COMPLETA offer more extensive, comprehensive benefits in the context of antenatal preparation, support and aftercare:
- CHF 200 breastfeeding allowance per child
- In-depth breastfeeding advice if desired or required (e.g. in the event of breastfeeding problems)
- Complementary treatment to help with pregnancy, such as acupuncture for morning sickness or pain, pregnancy massages for back pain. If administered by recognised doctors and therapists without a rate agreement, SWICA pays up to CHF 80 per hour.
- Learning postnatal exercises as well as the hypnobirthing method to ease the pain during childbirth, etc. In the case of recognised health promotion services relating to paternity, SWICA covers up to CHF 600* per year, depending on your supplementary insurance plan.
- Prescribed medicines within the indication
- Special and medically prescribed vaccinations for the child: 90% of the costs, up to CHF 200 per year
*SWICA covers 50% of the costs from your COMPLETA PRAEVENTA supplementary plan, up to 300 francs per calendar year. Furthermore, your OPTIMA supplementary plan covers 90% of the costs exceeding this amount, up to 300 francs per calendar year. This can result in prevention contributions of up to 600 francs per year.
Mums before and after pregnancy – and soon-to-be fathers – can benefit from the wide range of courses in which applications for the baby can be learnt.
Courses for mothers
- Pregnancy exercises*
- Antenatal preparation*
- Post-natal exercises*
Courses for mothers and fathers
- Baby massage
- Homeopathy and Bach flowers for self-application
- Wraps and compresses
SWICA contributes 50% of the costs up to 500 francs per year (up to 300 francs per type of activity) from the COMPLETA PRAEVENTA supplementary insurance plan and 90% of the costs exceeding this amount up to 300 francs per year from OPTIMA towards health-related services provided by SWICA-recognised providers.
Overview of health promotion and preventive healthcare offering
* with SWICA-recognised course leaders
SWICA supports your baby's development right from the start.
- Special / prescribed vaccinations
- Baby swimming
HOSPITA PLUS enables your child to switch to semi-private or private hospitalisation insurance at any time up to the age of 40 without the need for a medical examination.
santé24 – your Swiss telemedicine service
Medical help around the clock: The doctors and medical specialists at santé24 are there to offer you expert advice on all questions relating to prevention, illness, accident and maternity – in four languages, around the clock, 365 days a year.
Perhaps your child is ill or recovering from an accident and you have no one to look after it for you? The Home Nanny service would be delighted to step in and help. It offers professional care for children and takes the pressure off parents because they know their child is in good hands.
Would you like to learn more about the SWICA advantages?
For over 10 years now, SWICA customers have been among the happiest in Switzerland, as confirmed by numerous top rankings in health insurance comparisons. In 2021 Comparis and AmPuls once again awarded SWICA first place for customer satisfaction.
Put SWICA to the test yourself and get a personal consultation – it's well worth your while. SWICA Customer Service staff look forward to hearing from you and will be happy to help you switch your insurance provider: By phone on the toll-free number 0800 80 90 81 or by means of the contact form below.