Summer Salad Burrata Quinoa Green Asparagus

Recipe for 4 persons

2 large burratas
fleur de sel
250g quinoa - red and white mixed
20g white balsamic vinegar
30g olive oil
3dl rapeseed oil for frying
250g wild garlic, fresh
200g grape seed oil
150g wild garlic oil
50g egg yolk
15g white balsamic vinegar
17green asparagus spears
1 red onion
100g white balsamic vinegar
100g sugar
100g water


Cut the burrata in half, drizzle the cut surface with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set the prepared burrata halves aside.

Boil the quinoa, remove 80% of the cooked quinoa and rinse with cold water. Continue cooking the remaining 20% of the quinoa until overcooked (cook for about 15 more minutes) then dry in the oven at 80°C for half an hour.
Combine the cooked quinoa with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season.
Very briefly fry the dried quinoa in the oil at 220°C. Drain in a sieve on kitchen paper and add a little salt.

Wild garlic mayonnaise
Set aside 16 small wild garlic leaves for garnish.
Heat the oil in the Thermomix on the Varoma setting, add the wild garlic and blend for 2 minutes on speed 10.
Then immediately strain the wild garlic mixture through a cloth and chill on ice water.
Combine the egg yolk and balsamic vinegar. Slowly add the wild garlic oil while using a hand blender.
Season the mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper, then fill into a piping bag.

Green asparagus spears
Take one uncooked asparagus spear and use a vegetable peeler to produce long thin strips of asparagus. Put them to one side.
Remove the ends of the remaining asparagus spears. Blanch the spears in salted water for approx. 3 minutes. Transfer immediately to a bowl of ice water. Drain on kitchen paper, cut off the asparagus tips, cut the rest into small rounds and combine the asparagus pieces with the quinoa.

Red onion
Bring the balsamic vinegar, sugar and water to the boil.
Peel and finely dice the red onion. Add the onions to the boiling liquid. Bring back to the boil, then pour into a jar and leave to cool.

You can use a coffee filter instead of a cloth.
The red onions will keep in the fridge for several weeks and are great with salads or raclette.


Place the burrata in the centre of the plate.
Spread the quinoa and asparagus salad on top.
Place the asparagus tips on top.
Squirt several dots of wild garlic mayonnaise on top.
Spread the red onions on top.
Spread the peeled asparagus slices at random on top.
Use a spoon to sprinkle the quinoa crunch on top.
Garnish with the remaining wild garlic leaves.


Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes

Shopping list

2 large burratas
250g quinoa
135g white balsamic vinegar
150g wild garlic
200g grape seed oil
50g egg yolk
17 green asparagus spears
1 large red onion
100g sugar
5g fleur de sel
3dl rapeseed oil
30g olive oil