Fit and healthy within your own four walls
You don't always have go to the gym or yoga studio to keep fit and healthy. Your own living room or garden can also be used for effective strength or endurance training. Online you can find numerous inspirational fitness videos, dance workouts and relaxation tutorials which you can simply join.
Exercising with others is more fun
Maybe you don't you like exercising by yourself? For those who can't find the motivation they need to exercise alone or who want personal guidance and tips, there are many exciting and effective live-streaming courses and online coaching offers. With live-streaming and online coaching you get together with other course participants or with your coach at a specified time via a video link. All you need is a laptop, smartphone or computer with a camera and an internet connection.
Reduce your calories
It's time to get started. Whether you're by yourself or with your partner or with the whole family – a varied exercise programme brings energy and fun into everyday life. How about kickpower at 7 p.m., power yoga at 10 a.m., or stretching in the afternoon? Our list of suggestions has something for everyone.
Free courses to get you started:
- Update Fitness: daily live fitness classes plus an archive of fitness videos for strength, endurance and relaxation, free trial session available, free 7-day trial membership available
- Athayoga: free trial lesson for yoga courses
- SUVA: online fitness test
- University Hospital Zurich, exercise program «Gruuve» for older adults
Do you still need the right equipment for the gym or your favourite outdoor sport? Join the competition now. Win one of 100 prizes for healthy ways to spend your leisure time. Go to the competition
Would you like even more interaction? Or personal coaching?
Find out more about personal training
SWICA supports live-streaming courses and online coachingExercise and relaxation are essential for good health. That's why SWICA supports customers who have supplementary insurance (e.g. COMPLETA PRAEVENTA or OPTIMA) with contributions of up to 800 francs* towards the cost of many fitness, exercise, dance and health-related courses. This also applies to interactive live-stream classes and live video coaching sessions provided by SWICA-recognised gyms, course leaders and dance schools in Switzerland. Dance instructors and their students communicate by video or audio to ensure that the quality of the lessons is similar to that in a dance studio. Recorded/downloaded video lessons and online courses where there is no interaction are not therefore supported.
SWICA-recognised benefits relating to exercise, wellbeing and nutritionSWICA supports more than 100 courses and a wide range of health promotion offers. These include fitness training, personal coaching, dance workouts, memberships of gyms, swimming pools and climbing facilities, health courses, preventive healthcare programmes, nutritional advice, memberships of selected sports clubs and much more. Here you can find information about SWICA benefits and SWICA-recognised partners and providers.
Exercise and fitness: live-streaming courses and online coaching
- myClubs offers more than 50 live-stream classes daily from first-class yoga and fitness studios across Switzerland. You can access a range of courses (e.g. cross-training, HIIT, Pilates, dance, yoga, barre and back fitness, among many others) 24 hours a day.
- running.COACH: training platform with interactive coaching for runners and training plans for beginners, experienced runners and professionals
- Fitnessbox: various fitness courses
- Elita: personal coaching for fitness, live-stream training
- Poltera: personal coaching for fitness, one-on-one live-stream training
- Balboa: daily live streaming programme, a range of courses including HIIT, strength, yoga, martial arts, dance and exercise
- Update Fitness: a wide range of live streaming courses every day. From yoga, Pilates and Zumba to weight-training, back exercises and spinning – there's something for everyone. You can try it out free of charge for seven days.
Perhaps the activity you're interested in isn't listed? SWICA Client Services would be delighted to help you free of charge on 0800 80 90 80
Maybe it's been a while since you did any skipping?
Maybe you'd like to try it out but don't have a rope?
Thanks to the active4life discount offers, SWICA customers enjoy a 15% discount on professional skipping ropes and accessories. You can find the offer here.
Because health is everything
Physical fitness, a balanced diet and wellbeing are important elements in a healthy lifestyle. That's why SWICA supports your personal commitment in all areas of health with annual contributions of up to 800 francs under the COMPLETA PRAEVENTA and OPTIMA supplementary insurance plans (go to detailed information).
Incidentally, supplementary insurance always provides valuable additional benefits above and beyond those available under basic insurance. It can be taken out with SWICA at any time, regardless of which insurer currently provides your basic insurance. .
SWICA is there for you
The SWICA team would be happy to assist you online or by phone if you have questions about benefits or require personal advice. Call free of charge on 0800 80 90 80 or complete the form below:
For your health at home
SWICA supports you with medical services and advice around the clock and has useful recommendations and products for promoting health and preventing illness. Here you can get valuable tips on coronavirus checks at home, staying in shape while at home, and working from home. You can also discover the online courses and coaching sessions that SWICA supports.
Getting medical support and recommendations for symptoms
Staying fit and healthy at home: Tips and offers
Personal training: Why you will reach your goals more quickly
Nutrition: Tips for the immune system and offers for at home
Working from home: Setting up your workplace properly