SWICA Healthcare Organization is an innovative, all-round provider of healthcare benefits. The health and accident insurance solutions for private customers and companies offer high-quality customer service and financial security at an attractive price.
The santémed Health Centres and sante24, the health advice hotline, provide all-around medical care for all its customers – around the clock, seven days a week. Over 70 Care Managers actively support the insured members of SWICA – assisting them, for example, in selecting the appropriate treatment or finding the right hospital or specialist, and when reintegrating at the workplace.
Companies insured with SWICA are comprehensively covered against the financial risks of sickness and accident. They can also count on the support and assistance of SWICA as an expert partner for corporate health management.
Milestones in the history of SWICA Healthcare Organization
- 1992 Merger of four health insurers to form SWICA Healthcare Organization:
- OSKA, Eastern Switzerland health insurance fund; founded in 1870, based in St. Gallen
- ZOKU Swiss health and accident insurance fund, founded in 1922, based in Zurich
- SBKK, Swiss occupational health insurance fund, founded in 1943, based in Winterthur
- Panorama health insurance fund, founded in 1989, based in Winterthur
- 1994 - 1996 Establishment of 15 health centres throughout Switzerland and promotion of primary care models
- 1996 SWICA introduces integrated daily sickness benefits and accident insurance plans for companies
- 1998 Establishment of SWICA Care Management for optimizing treatment and reintegration at the workplace
- 2000 Launch of GLOBAL CARE, the international health insurance
- 2005 SWICA reaches 1 million insured members
- 2008 Introduction of hotline sante24, the health advice hotline
- 2009 SWICA decides to expand the health centres and strengthen basic care through partner agreements with GPs
- 2010 Continuous portfolio growth with private and corporate clients. The quality strategy of SWICA is increasingly in demand
- 2011 Continuous expansion of SWICA’s network of health centres and partner practices
- 2012 SWICA’s health centres become independent companies under the santémed health centres Ltd name. This decision means the health centres are now legally and financially independent of SWICA Healthcare Insurance Ltd.